Monday, December 23, 2013

Year of the Christmas Tree Cards

Apparently, it's the year of the Christmas Tree cards.  I didn't intend it - and didn't even notice until I started writing blog posts - but probably 80% of my cards this year had a Christmas tree theme.  If you count ornaments in that category, then 100%!



I made this card for my dad.  I know he appreciates the beauty of simplicity, so I kept this card modern, with as clean lines.

You can see the colors of the ornaments (and the shininess of the glitter glue I used for the snow-capped hills) better at an angle:



I really have been prolific lately, haven't I?  I never had this kind of time when I worked at a law firm.  It's awesome to be able to design and make all kinds of cards that I'm proud of.  And blog about them!

Inspired by my friend Louise (who published her own successful dessert cookbook), I am kicking around the idea of publishing my own card-making book in Kindle format.  I checked out Amazon the other day, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of books on greeting card-making and scrap-booking, so I suppose there is a market out there.

If nothing else, it was be a fun project combining two of my favorite things - card-making and photography (pretty pictures of the cards)!




No comments:

Post a Comment