Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Ornament Cards

I made two versions of this card, one for my mom, and another for my brother and his wife.  I like it because it incorporates a lot of card-making elements.  

This one was for my mom:



The elements include:  A rubber stamp (the tree branch), paper punches (the ornament (look familiar? hehe) and the snowflakes - which are the punched out centers of the ornament!), glitter glue (snow on the tree branch), stretchy silver string (tying the ornament to the branch) and vellum paper.

The pretty bright red ornament punchout was the star of the show:




To make the card, I first stamped a tree branch on a piece of white cardstock.  I then cut out vellum paper to fit over the piece of paper with the tree branch:



After I fit the vellum paper over the white cardstock, I punched a couple of holes so that I could tie the silver string in a bow:



I'm glad I thought of dotting clear glitter glue on the vellum paper for snow on the tree branch; it adds more interest to the card:



I liked how it turned out so much that I made the exact same card in a different color scheme for my brother, Rich, and his wife, Tiff:



I'm making an amazing 36-month aged bone-in ribeye steak for Christmas Eve dinner for me and RR tonight.  Tomorrow - Christmas Day - I have prepared a ton of gourmet snacks, and we're doing a movie marathon at home.  I can't wait!



----------

I just got an email from Rich that the airport personnel raided his luggage and stole the Christmas presents he was going to give to his wife and mother-in-law!!!  Although they didn't steal the presents I asked him to bring to my parents, they tore up the wrapping paper and cards!!  So sad.  So mad.  All those stories you hear about the airport people stealing things from your bags, believe it!!  

I feel really bad for my brother.  I know he put a lot of thought into the gifts, and he doesn't make a lot of money, so he sacrificed to get those gifts.  It really blows.  





No comments:

Post a Comment