Wednesday, December 18, 2013

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

One day, I will have a real Christmas tree.

I love Christmas.  Loooooooove Christmas.  I didn't feel right going all out and celebrating it when I was with the ex-FI, who is Jewish; he wouldn't have cared, but I just didn't feel right or respectful if I did.  It's kind of nice that I can celebrate it however I want now without guilt.  And what I want is a real, live Christmas tree.... and to collect ornaments, and to hang tinsel, and to curse while I'm trying to untangle the little blinking fairy lights.  I don't know why I don't just go out and get a darn tree... maybe because to me, Christmas symbolizes family.  Seems like kind of a waste to get a Christmas tree just for me, ya know?

I compensate by making the cutest Christmas tree cards ever this year.  : )



I used a really cute pickup truck stamp, and manually cut out a Christmas tree from cardstock.  Here's a closeup:



There are so many things this little pickup truck can theoretically lug around.  I was thinking maybe an Christmas ornament (like the ornament punch-out I used for the past three or four cards, haha).  Or an oversized heart, for a cute Valentine's Day card.

I sent this card to Louise and Jeremy, who also received my latest wedding card.  Louise recently published a Paleo lifestyle dessert cookbook, and it is ranked #1 in three categories on Amazon (health, baking and women's health) and #7 in all Kindle cookbooks!  SO amazing!!  SO proud of her!!

I totally live vicariously through her.  





No comments:

Post a Comment